Parish Church of the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Višnjica - Lepoglava
The Parish Church of the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Višnjica, near Lepoglava, was built in the 17th century. In the 18th century it was proclaimed a parish church in the Višnjica area. Throughout history the church has been expanded and the chapels of St. Joseph on the west side and of St. Valentine on the east side were added. The church took its final form in 1794.
The interior of the church is decorated with baroque frescoes with Bible motifs, figures of saints and martyrs, which are the work of Pauline monk and artist Ivan Ranger. The frescoes were made at the end of the 18th century and the church was led by the Paulines until the abolition of the Pauline order in Croatia.