Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary - Biškupec
The parish of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary is mentioned in some records from 1501, and today’s Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary dates back to the 17th century. Compared to the simply decorated exterior with a bell tower, the interior of the church is decorated in a lavish baroque style.
On the main altar there is a miraculous painting of the Mother of God of Biškupec which is more than 500 years old. Beside the altar painting of the Mother of God there are statues of St. George the Martyr, King David, Moses, St. Martin the Bishop and two prophets. Above the altar picture with statues, there is a picture of the Blessed Virgin surrounded by the angels and crowned by the Holy Trinity.
Throughout the generations, the graces received through the prayers before the altar painting of the Mother of God are transmitted, and from year to year, an increasing number of believers make pilgrimages to the Mother of God of Biškupec.
At the Feast of the Assumption of Mary, a celebration of the parish feast takes place, which begins with a procession with the statue of the Mother of God, and after Mass, believers walk around the altar and the statue of the Mother of God.