Chapel of St. George in Purga Bednjanska - Lepoglava
Chapel of St. George in Purga Bednjanska was built in 1749. Inside the chapel there are valuable paintings made by Pauline monk and Baroque painter Ivan Ranger. Particularly striking is the image above the main altar depicting St. George killing a dragon. Unfortunately, the image is not fully visible because it is partially covered by the altar.
According to some sources, well-known experts in Ranger’s work believe that this monk and artist was especially attached to this chapel and that he wanted to be buried there.