Capuchin monastery and Church of the Holy Trinity - Varaždin
The Capuchin monastery formed the order of the Capuchins, which began its activities in Varaždin at the end of the 17th and the beginning of the 18th century. Countess Magdalena Drašković, along with her son Ivan, helped them financially with the construction of the monastery and church. The monastery was erected in 1701, and the church dedicated to the Holy Trinity was completed in 1705. Walking through the monastery corridors you can see numerous paintings, statues and other sacral objects. Within the monastery there is a library with 16 incunabula and other valuable books that are valuable cultural heritage.
The Holy Trinity Church is a simple structure with two side chapels dedicated to St. Anne and St. Felix of Cantalice. The main altar is dominated by a 19th century painting depicting the Holy Trinity with Mary and St. Francis kneeling next to an angel holding a picture of the city of Varaždin in his hands. In this way St. Francis is shown as praying for protection for the city. Right next to the main altar is the side altar with a statue of St. Anthony of Padua and the statue of Our Lady of Lourdes, which is one of the oldest statues of Our Lady of Lourdes in Croatia. The celebration of Our Lady of Lourdes is a big parish feast that attracts believers and pilgrims from the wider area.